11.06.2010

No. 14: FARM AUCTION

I spent the first Saturday morning of November, a sunny and cold one, amongst the (mostly) good ol' boys, the salt of the earth, at a farm auction just outside of Bobcaygeon, Ontario.



The big-ticket items were of course tractors, tillers, thrashers and a variety of other farm machinery both reasonably modern and vintage. Also included in the auction was a smattering of old farm and household items from which I picked an antique seed spreader, a vintage barn heat lamp that I'll refit to work as a light, an old tin flour sifter and a little blue Edgeworth tobacco tin.


Even the mare (the auctioneer said she was a filly but I haven't seen many fillies that are going grey) was on the block. I wish I could have taken her home.


This old Ford went for $1,500. What a steal!


Nothing like topping off a nice morning with a slice of homemade pie. I went for the peach. It did not disappoint.

1 comment: